Saint Augustine defined virtue as rightly-ordered love. That is, our lives are good and virtuous when we the things we love are put in the right order: the best, most excellent things deserve our highest devotion, and the least important things should get the least attention.
What is the most excellent thing in the universe? Therefore, how much love should that get? How much attention do you spend on unimportant things -- video games, movies, texting, Facebook?
Here are the notes from the discussion Zac and Micah led on Monday:
- What should be our #1 priority? A strong relationship with God. John 17:3
- What are things that make your relationship with God stronger? Time, obeying him Mark 1:35
- How do you make time to spend with god? Set a time that works good for your schedule, and try not to let anything else get in the way of that! Give some examples of how to spend time with God.
- What does obedience look like? Having a willingness to go out on a limb and do anything for God. John 14:15 John 14:21
- How do you know how strong your relationship with him is? We don’t know but we should pray that God would show us. (Look at the spiritual fruit you are producing.)
- Why is a good relationship with God important? Because it is the only way for us to be transformed into a Christ like person. Phil 3:21